Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Readers Response 1.

A Child Called It.
David Pelazar

I read the book A Child Called It about two years ago. This life story about a boy named David was very sad, he was beaten by his mother every day. His mother isolated him from the family and starved him. She nearly killed him with all her abuse, but David stayed strong.

This story helps me in life because not everyone has a good mother, or gets treated right. It makes me realize how grateful i am for how my mother is with me. I think David is brave to talk about his life with such detail. I disagree with his mother of course for blaming him David in everything that happened between her husband and her. She referred to David as an "it". This book shows an example of how the human spirit can provide strength in the toughest situations.

No comments: